How we work
We will look after you every step of the way. Here’s our simple step-by step process, so you know exactly what to expect.
1. We begin the process with an initial phone consultation.
2. You receive our outline proposal (with costs) by email.
3. You confirm by email you’re happy to proceed.
4. We email you a full proposal and invoice.
5. You pay 50% deposit to secure your design and build (by bank transfer or card **.
6. We book in your project and confirm your start date.
STEP TWO - DISCOVER
1. We send you your website launch pack.
2. You complete our Discovery Questionnaire.
3. You complete forms in website launch pack.
4. We research other sites in your industry.
5. You confirm your choice of care plan.
STEP THREE - DESIGN
1. We set up a shared Dropbox file and give you access.
2. You put in that file everything we need to get started. Everything must be received before your start date. This includes your content, images, pdf’s, t&c’s, policies, google analytics code and anything else we’ve agreed.
3. We focus on the visual design (and logo if included).
4. You receive a mock-up or live viewing of your home page.
5. You let us know what you like and don’t like. You get three free rounds of revisions. (Additional design revisions cost £45 each.)
6. You confirm you’re happy with the home page design.
7. You receive and sign your electronic website sign-off form. This confirms you are happy with your website design. (In the unlikely event that you’re not happy at this stage, we will either redesign till your happy or refund your deposit inline with our guarantee, which ends here (we are pleased to say we have never had to do either.) You pay 30% of the final balance (please note - for sole trader websites we require the balance of the account, plus your first month’s website care plan) by bank transfer or card **.
8. We design the other pages based on the information you have provided.
1. We add the organic Search Engine Optimisation. (You choose one geographical area to include).
2. We send you a link to view and test your new website.
3. We will complete our ‘Pre-launch Checklist’ to ensure it‘s fully functional and meets the agreed specifications.
4. You receive and sign a second electronic sign-off form, giving you access to the Content Management System (CMS). CMS allows you to update your site yourself.
5. We create a help page within your site which includes step-by-step instructions on how to use WordPress.
6. Choose if you wish to have training for your new website.*
7. You may also subscribe to our video tutorials.*
STEP FIVE - DEPLOY
1. You pay the balance of our invoice (by bank transfer or card **), plus your first month’s website care plan (does not apply to sole trader websites) #.
2. Once cleared, you receive a confirmation email which hands you the “keys” to your new website so you can take control and manage your site yourself.
STEP SIX - PROMOTE
Keeping your website updated is critical for SEO and for your customers. We suggest you:
1. Add your business details to Google Places.
2. Include your business on relevant local directories. Do one a month and complete as much detail as you can. Try FreeIndex and Hotfrog to start with.
3. Add something new to your website at least once a month.
4. Use Twitter and Facebook regularly to add new content.
5. Think about email marketing and how it may help you.Mailchimp is a great email package which is free for up to12,000 emails and 2,000 subscribers.
6. Consider promoting your business through local networking groups.
* indicates an additional fee, please ask for details or visit our website
** card charge of 2.75% applies
# Balance of the invoice is upon completion of the website by us and prior to it going live or 8 weeks from the deposit date, whichever comes first
If you’re considering a website redesign or are thinking about having your first website built, do give us a call or contact us here. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what we can offer you.